Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mashed Potato Casserole

This is a favourite in my family. We got the recipe from very close family friends, the Pearse family. It's easy to make, and can actually be made the day before if you need to. It's the best reheated mashed potato that I've found! It stays hot, and doesn't dry out.


Ingredients:

6 large potatoes, for mashing
1 package of light cream cheese
1 large egg
2 cups of grated/shredded cheese


Method:

Peel, chop, and boil the potatoes until tender.
Drain them well, and mash them with a hand-masher.
When you have most of the lumps out, mash in the block of cream cheese and the egg, mixing well.
Place mixture into a casserole dish, and cover with the grated/shredded cheese. Bake in a 350 degree/180 degree Celsius oven for around 30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.


If you do make it the day before, just increase the cooking time until it is completely heated through. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family do!


Serves: 8
Weight Watchers: 6

2 comments:

Karolynn said...

I love how you have the WW points calculated! This sounds absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

You forgot the onion! LOL I'm having it tonight.. my mouths watering just waiting for it.. yum!